Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Friday Collapsed


This is a section of our road just before our house. It's called "Friday" because there was a large landslide there some years back and it happened on a Friday (I'm not 100% sure on that, but it's something like that). It's easily the sketchiest part of the road and has been since the landslide and now it's gone.

We've been having SO much rain recently (and when I say we get a lot of rain, I... I don't know how to explain this other than with numbers. We get around 250.0 inches per year. That's 20ft of water over that many square miles. It's remarkable.). So in the middle of the night the road just gave way and feel off into the river. I don't know if you can tell but it's about a 60ft or more drop down to the river. It's scary enough to drive over much less walk a 2ft strip.




No comments:

Post a Comment